Saturday, October 10, 2009

True Adventure/Survival Stories

Did a whole slew of booktalks this week at a local high school. The sophomores have to read a TRUE story of adventure/survival. Here are the books I brought along with me:

Alive: The Story of the Andes Survivors by Piers Paul Read
Miracle in the Andes by Nando Parrado
The Lost City of Z by David Grann
Left For Dead by Pete Nelson
A Hole In My Life by Jack Gantos
Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell
In A Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
Where Men Win Glory by Jon Krakauer
In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whale Ship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick
Survive! by Peter Deleo
Rabbit Proof Fence by Doris Pilkington
Crazy for the Storm by Normal Ollestad


Hm, at some point I need to take my book talks and type them up on here, mostly so if I ever lose the little slips of paper I have them scribbled on, I won't have to fumble around and write them again! After booktalking all day, you start to figure out the best way to phrase things.

Also, is it wrong that I made a "How to Serve Man" joke while booktalking "Alive"?
Post a Comment