Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Week 20, Thing 9 - YouTube (the videos)

This is one of my favorite speeches given by one of my favorite people - Joss Whedon accepting his award from the charity 'Equality Now'. (That reminds me of another thing the Internet and YouTube have probably effectively eliminated - tape trading. I'm sure something like this would have been copied onto a VHS and then copied again and again back years ago. But now with high speed internet, mpg files, and YouTube, we can share these moments almost immediately!)






A friend of mine linked this from her blog awhile back. Cute little video created by the St. Joseph Public Library as part of their Staff Day program. Very cute. I'd love to do something like this in our system! Let's staff and patrons see all the different people working behind the scenes and on the front lines to make their library work!






And because I have no shame, I give you the one crappy Buffy/Angel FanVid I made over a year ago. My goodness this was a LOT of work for 4 minutes of video! I probably did it the hard way since I ripped all the dvds myself and just jumped into a program that I had never used before. I don't know if I'll ever bother doing this again, it was fun, but what a time sink!


Oh, and warning - this is extremely sappy/mushy. I'm almost embarassed...I'm usually not such a "shipper" but this song worked for me!


Post a Comment